Friday, December 11, 2009

You Are My Sweetest Downfall



Fashion: A while back I posted that gray was going to be a trendy color this fall and winter. And it's time to toot my own horn! Okay. Over it. Philosophy time.

Philosophy: I love the line in this song, "you are my sweetest downfall." You know when something's not so great, and it makes you scared? But then you do it anyway? That's what "sweetest downfall" means to me. A physical metaphor of all this is when I walk around in the rain. It's been raining here lately and I just love walking in the rain. Something about the very gesture makes me feel free. It's almost like the feeling of a delicate-type of rebellion. Hard to explain.

By the way, I had another epiphany today. I've said it numerous times but it really dawned on me today that all of this only happens once. And yes I mean my life right now. I was sitting in the corner of my dance class earlier and watched the whole studio filled with these people just laughing and smiling and just being so satisfied. I kept watching, breathed in slowly, and said "thank you." I wasn't talking to anyone, I just kind of whispered it aloud. Why? I just wanted to thank whoever gave me that moment.

Have a wonderful start to the Holiday Season.
I'll be posting before the end of the month.
Thank you for everything.
-Morena

14 comments:

Tariro said...

Rain brings the most memories & ideas. I love it!

Claire said...

Oh that line made me cry once, followed by "Told me that my hair was red, told me I was beautiful". This does all happen once, this is true!!

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Your posts always make me smile. I'm so happy to see you are posting again, even with how busy you have been lately! :)

Anonymous said...

You just get it. Thanks.

Ruta said...

I love your post. Ýour posts are always so wonderful. I especially adore that little picture. It reminds me of today.

Cammila said...

I totally see what you mean about the subtext in that line. It's a really specific feeling, and you've totally described it perfectly. Anyway, hope you've been doing well, dearest. And hope you're having a beautiful holiday season.

English Rose ♥ said...

I adore adore adore your blog - your about me's are brilliant and I can so relate

I'm a bit in love with your blog - would you like to exchange links?

Hope you had an immense weekend

Stay safe and chic
English Rose x
http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

Rose Valentine said...

WOW your blog is lovely!!

Anonymous said...

Aww i know right? Sigh. Life's too short.

Angel D. said...

I hope you have a good Christmas girlie!

Terri Burns said...

Morena everybody hates my blog.

erin meagan said...

i love that. 'you are my sweetest downfall'.

MissNeira said...

I love that line too, really makes you think
lovely post!

KIRAFASHION said...

I love raining days :)