Sunday, June 28, 2009

We All Need Some Sunshine

Fashion/Philosophy again. Sorry I haven't posted in a week.
Fashion: Here's what I call my Sunday Brunch Dress.
I love how it fits.

Philosophy: My take on death...
This week has brought up many thoughts that we often like to avoid as living human beings. We don't like to think that any day can be our last day here. We don't like to think about the fact that this is our one shot because this life doesn't happen again. I personally have accepted that we all will die someday. I just make sure that at the end of each day, no matter what's gone on, that I still look forward to tomorrow... if I'm fortunate enough to even have a tomorrow. Death happens, you know? It's a fact of life. I find it quite ironic actually that death is a fact of life.

So although Farrah Fawcett's death was expected, it was still a tragedy but now she's a real angel. Although Michael Jackson's death was unanticipated, let's focus on celebrating his life, not his end. Even though we lost Ed McMahon, let's be happy he lived a long life until 86. And although Billy Mays died this morning from an unknown cause, we will always remember his bright spirit.

I must say however, Farrah Fawcett resonated with me the most. I loved her. And most the promos on TV about her are saying, "Farrah loses her battle to cancer." I cringe everytime I hear that. Farrah didn't lose. How could she possibly have lost when she kept fighting until the end? In her documentary (Farrah's Story), she kept saying that her "desire to live was something she'd never compromise." She is my biggest inspiration for her courage and faith. Farah Fawcett was quite amazing. ♥

Have a great evening.
Love,
Morena

P.S. I'm so sorry for not replying to all comments.
I've been a bit distracted.

34 comments:

Lizabeth xoxo said...

Even though quite skanky, My Little Pony FTW!

Lovely dress!

Lizabeth xoxo
euphoriaswarmsin.blogspot.com

Sophia said...

I absolutely love what you said about her not losing her battle; you're completely right, and I think that's a great way to look at things. Newscasters, take note!

OMGSH please post the hat!!!

Anna Shapiro said...

Nice dress, makes you look tan :p

Piglet said...

That dress is lovely.
And I adore your positive outlook :)

Ally said...

i honestly hate your shoes. but i normally hate all shoes. i'm wierd like that.

farrahhhhhhhhhhhh i lvoe her...
the molester not so much
eddie...i lvoe eddie.

Victoria-H said...

:) Thank u !!
You ook pretty as always, dear :)

Ashlyn Rae said...

Wow! Amazing dress. Where did you get it? And yes, I agree with you. You look very pretty in that dress. :)

XOXO, Ashlyn Rae

ashlyn-rae.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Beautiful post! I agree with you, these people should be celebrated for their lives and all the accomplishments and joy they have brought into the world, not for their deaths.

And that dress looks amazing on you. So summery and cheerful! It makes me smile. :)

casual cutie said...

i love your dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Belle said...

Cute dress.
It has been a week of death it seems. But you are right it is a part of life.
I am so happy that I inspired you, can't wait to see your post.
Belle

Eda said...

You look adorable in that dress!
Your words are so touching...

Hayley said...

"How could she possibly have lost when she kept fighting until the end?"
i love that so much. it is sooo true.
i miss you, too! i have been so relaxed lately since its finally summer (relaxing sigh...) ahha. how've you been ?!
also! that dress is so adorable !(:

shopgirl28 said...

Farrah was strong all through her battle. She wanted every hospital visit to be recorded. I think she's given a lot of people strength that couldn't find it before.
Michael Jackson had such a legacy that it's hard to believe that he was only 50. He's left a mark on so many entertainers, as well as people.
Billy Mays really did have a great disposition. His
I'm glad Ed McMahon lived to be 86, because as they say, the death of an old man is not a tragedy.

Sorry for the long comment
PS: Your outfit is lovely and looks great on you.

agus said...

Your dress is really beautiful and you look great :-)

Kaitlin Rae said...

Pretty dress, and lovely words

Pretty Little Pictures said...

This dress is the cutest, i want summer!!

NewYorkChique said...

wow, I LOVE that dress!
and I really like Michael Jackson's music; and Farrah was really a beauty. And I like what you said about the promos being that she lost- people also sell magazines and tv ratings with wordings like that =/ great post!

serena said...

Great dress :)

Stephanie Kim said...

okay so this is probably totally random but i like your hello kitty bag in the corner haha

Adela said...

what a pretty dress!

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Emma said...

I totally agree with you!
I also love your dress, its fabulous
the movie "Coco Avant Chanel" comes out in September if you live in North America, anywhere else July/August/or its already been relesed.

xoxo

esther said...

Wow, I love your take on Farrah. You've really got some great insights.
And a really cute dress.
Hope you're doing well sweetie!
xoxo

Gia Illusion said...

Nice :)

Ruta said...

lovely dress and i agree with your take on death.

i especially agree with the whole "losing" the battle which is utterly untrue.

i admit that i'm quite attached the MJ. i'm still in mourning over him.

urhentai said...

cute girl i love your style. so fantastic look for me

Keith said...

Great photos. I really liked what you wrote. So true.

C.Elizabeth and Natalia said...

Hey Morena :)
Thank you for such a nice comment!
the dress on the pic is so pretty! perfect for summer :)

Cammila said...

I agree completely -- people don't have to deny their grief, but it's such a shame to miss the opportunity to celebrate those we've lost, and everything they've meant to us. When MJ's death was announced, a correspondent on NPR described how the somber crowd parked outside the hospital began spontaneously celebrating -- singing and dancing his songs, using the moment to really pay tribute to why they were there. It made me really happy.

Oh and also -- you always make me blush with your beautiful comments! You are welcome to use any of my photos on Enamor -- I would be honored no matter what! :)

esther said...

I've left you an award on my blog! You deserve it...

cherrycolla said...

nice dress :)

KIRAFASHION said...

Cool closet, you look cute!

Cute cute girl!!!

Eimear said...

Love the dress, so cute!

And thank you for that optimistic take on death. It's what we all need.

I'm glad I found your blog! =)

xx Eimear

my-spoonful-of-sugar.blogspot.com (fashion)

somewherepasttheriverbend.blogspot.com (random thoughts)

I've just started both of them =)

HoneyBunny said...

You look adorable! That dress fits you perfectly:)
And I so agree with your view On Farah's death....
:*

The July Girl said...

Cute outfit!