Friday, June 19, 2009

Beatiful Painting, Unfathomable Crimes

Hello. Please excuse the mini hiatus. I was a bit busy to say the least.So it's that time again, Fashion/Philosophy.
Fashion: Claudia from Painterly Pig painted me in an original design of hers! Thanks Claudia! It's absolutely beautiful.
(Please do not repost. This is copyrighted.)

Philosophy: This past Tuesday I was introduced to a charity called Love146. Basically what it is is a charity dedicated to prevention of child sex trafficing in different countries. However, they also provide what they call "after care" for children who've gone through the traumatic experience of trafficking. As I browsed their website I came across: this video. When I saw it, it didn't make as big an impact on me right away. But I guess I was subconsciously affected because I had a dream about it last night. I woke up this morning and I looked into it even more. I am absolutely disgusted by sex trafficking. And now I know that I'm meant to do something about it. I have no idea what, but it has to be something. Educating you and posting about this has to count as a start. And watch the video. They're an amazing organization, and the founder seems so kind-hearted and sincere. So please, go find out more.

Have a great evening.
Love,
Morena

P.S. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I adore you for that.

27 comments:

Tariro said...

That is an amazing painting!
And thanks for the info. I definately will check it out and thats such an important topic

mika said...

you are talanted!
bravo!

http://mikasfashion.blogspot.com

Fashion Moment said...

Great work!

FM~FP~AF

Annie said...

awww, the painting of you is amazing!

taylor said...

wow.
STUNNINGG painting!!

And I agree. Sex Trafficking is one of the most undeniably disgusting things, thanks for posting the vid! I'll most definitely check it out and see what I can do as well.

-Tay

C.Elizabeth and Natalia said...

This is such a gorgeous painting! I definitely wish I could do the same...

C.Elizabeth

La Femme Chic said...

Aww you look so beautiful in that painting.

Megan said...

very pretty morena (:

Claudia said...

yay! i emailed you back about a price let me know what you think and then send me your address! :)

Cathy Voyage said...

What a grea pic!

cherrycolla said...

good project

HoneyBunny said...

Wow the painting is so beautiful! That's so sweet of her:))

And it's so great that you're writing about such important issues, and raising consciousness!
:***

shopgirl28 said...

That's a beautiful drawing of you. Sex trafficking sounds horrible. It's sad that it's still going on. Poor people; my heart goes out to all of them.

Anna Shapiro said...

Purdy

Jennifer said...

Love that painting of you. She got it right!
Will definitely check out the web site...

Imogen said...

That picture is so beautiful and it looks exactly like you.

sarah said...

What a sweet painting!!!

Ruta said...

oh i feel strongly about this issue as well. my school is greatly involved in Free The Children. it's deals with raising awareness and helping children who are subject to child slavery, and sex trafficking and also child soldiers. we put on a docudrama each year and raise money which is used to build schools in 3rd world countries to send children to school and help them avoid the above mentioned things. it's a really good organization and i would look into it. although i graduated high school and won't be there next year, i'm going to still participate in this organization because it's helping a really good cause

Eda said...

The painting is beautiful!
I become very sad when it comes to things that affect children. The people that do such crimes should be punished...but this doesn't happen very often.:(
All we can do is support the kids that had to experience this awful things.

Cammila said...

Beautiful portrait of a beautiful girl!

I know what you mean about sex trafficking -- it's just unthinkable. Another organization that helps with this issue is a women's rights group called Soroptimist (http://www.soroptimist.org/trafficking/trafficking.html). They provide a lot of direct avenues to help advocate for victims, and they're an overall great organization.

Way to help raise awareness! Not that I'm surprised to see you taking up the task. :)

Sadako said...

Ooh, very pretty and stylish!

~PakKaramu~ said...

Pak Karamu reading your blog

Ashlyn Rae said...

Wow! Your friend is amazing!

Also, I would like to ask you something.

Can I use the song that you have on your blog on mine? I really like it, and I just want to make sure you let me use it.

Please let me know! Thanks!

ashlyn-rae.blogspot.com

Sophia said...

Wow, while I have certainly heard of sex trafficking, I never gave it much thought until that video.
Definitely sounds like a worthy cause, I might check out ways to get involved.
I'm inspired by this organization. Thank you for this post.

Jimena said...

indeed... the painting is beautiful and it must be great to be inspiration for others:)
thank you for the comment... i could send u a pair of the earrings i made...really... but i guess its more expensive to send them ...than get all the things there and make them ...hehehe
xoxo

Annie Spandex said...

Congrats! It's a lovely photo and a great gift :)

Annie Spandex said...

DUH photo I mean painting ;)