Saturday, June 6, 2009

C'est La Vie: Je Ne Peux Pas le Changer

Another Fashion/Philosophy segment. Enjoy.
Philosophy: Mistakes are made. I'm over that fact of life. It's just important that we learn. Recently someone very close to me made an irreversible mistake, and even though I can't change it, I now know to stray away from the same path.

Yesterday, very insightful individual said to me,
"You live to make the world better, not the same."
Personally I live by example, and I have every intention to make this world "better." I will not do the same things my friend did. I can't be angry at her because it's her life and she can do what she wants. I can just thank her because I now fathom the effects of her actions and I won't repeat them. Too bad she didn't know better. Mais, c'est la vie, n'est-ce pas? I still love her of course.

And now the...

Fashion: Don't these just make you want to play dress up?

Courtesy of: Elle Magazine

Have A Lovely Day.
Sincerely,

Morena


P.S. Do you like the new song you hear? I changed it.

19 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oooh love the photos. They make me want to go shopping!
I'm sorry for your friend. One of the most frustrating things in life is to make a huge mistake and know you can never go back in time and fix it. What a horrid feeling.
But you're right--it should just be considered a learning experience. Things happen and you move on. And it makes you a stronger person and helps develop your personality.

PS. Love the new song. :) I first heard this song while vacationing in San Diego years ago. So every time I hear it, I think of driving along the beach. How appropriate that it should be on your blog!

hrh_cesc said...

Lovely pictures!

xoxo
Cesc

hrh_cesc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shopgirl28 said...

I love the quote about making the world better, not leaving it the same. It's hard to want to make the world better and still not be able to fix mistakes people make. I guess all you can do is watch so you don't make the same mistakes. I hope everything works out for the best between you and your friend.
Those pictures are beautiful. Makes me want to go and try on ball gowns.

The July Girl said...

Nice pictures!

Belle said...

I love the first dress, its so cute.
I hope things work out with you and your friend.
belle

serena. said...

excuse me, but what does the post title mean?

great pictures, by the way.

MAGDArling said...

love the 1st pic;)
xoxo

Jimena said...

we all learn from mistakes...that's true...
great pics!!

Ashlyn Rae said...

Great post as always! I love the pictures you posted! I just posted me wearing a dress on my blog, and since your like a fashion goddess, I wanted you to comment and tell me what you think of the dress! Thank you!
ashlyn-rae.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Marie said...

Everyone makes mistakes, and it's how we grow and learn from them and defines us, I totally agree.

Yes, those photos make me want to play dress up!

XOXO

La Femme Chic said...

I'm giving you an award

Morena Doll said...

ASHLYN RAE: Hi Honey, thank you for your sweet comment. I hope you had fun at that wedding. You do look very pretty. The dress is just so classic chic and is perfect for you. Of course your hair looks cute.

And haha, no. I'm not a "fashion goddess." But thank you for making me smile.

(I would've commented this on your blog but my computer won't let me. I'll try again later.)

Eda said...

Beautiful pictures! Your words always inspire me!

Annie said...

Too bad about your friend. :(

I love the second dress. :)

Pretty Little Pictures said...

Those shots are gorgeous!!

Charm said...

I ALWAYS play dress up. I can't help myself ;-)


p.s I'm sorry to hear about what happened. We all make mistakes, it makes us who we are.

Keith said...

Hey there. Beautiful photos. This is my first time visiting your blog. I really like it. Cheers!

Cammila said...

Yup, it's so true. My grandma (a very spry, very active 96 year old woman) always says "Fretting about the past doesn't change the future, but learning from it does."

And by the way: the dress in that first picture is just adorable!