Thursday, April 9, 2009

There's Not Really a Logical Answer

(I've shown this picture before, but I came across it and just had to post it again.
It's so beautiful, you know. )


Sometimes I wonder why you all are reading this as of this moment. I wonder why people take time out of their day to listen to anything that I have to say. Then I realized that the only reason you're even remotely interested in reading these words that I put out is because...I want my words heard, therefore I get you to listen.

Some say that what I write is completely irrelevant and seems a little fake. But some also say that what they like about my writing is that it's real, and that they actually want to believe me. Contradicting opinions don't you think? Well I give the matter no attention because in the end, I write not for others, I write not for the approval, nor do I write for the praise. I write to replenish my soul, and guess what...it works.
You see...in life, sometimes there are aspects beyond your control. But what you can control is how you view the world and also what you make of yourself. What do I want to make of MYself? I can't tell you. It's one of those secrets that I have decided to keep withheld inside of me. But I think it's pretty easy to figure out. Words could not do it justice anyway.

...Thanks again to everyone who reads this mess of self expression that I call my blog. It really does mean a lot. And to the sweet emails and comments that I receive almost daily, I promise those don't go unnoticed. They really do make a difference, even if it's just an extra smile that you get me to make.

Sincerely,
Morena

P.S. Happy Birthday Kristina. <3>

14 comments:

Tariro said...

I love what you write. Its so real. I feel like we need more of that in the world

Annie said...

you are so lovely. i think that's exactly why i write, not just blogging but other sorts of writing too: to feel good and whole and nourished. i love your earnestness!

Hayley said...

i completely agree with everything you wrote. except for the part about your writing being fake and whatever, to that i completely DISagree. i think your blog is amazing, and i love reading it because i can relate to most things you say, which is really cool (:

STYLISTAKATE said...

You are a wonderful writer. :)

Eda said...

I think that every good writer ( and I include you in this category) writes for his/hers soul and if he/she does so, the readers will love it. This is what makes your texts great , so feel free to write whatever you think is important for you and your spirit and I'm sure you'll have lots of readers.

Cathy Voyage said...

You have such great writings!

Cammila said...

I'm so glad that you don't let criticisms from others change your love for what you do. Criticism is one of the hardest things for an artist to learn to deal with, and it can be even tougher for a writer, who often has to find a really, really ephemeral balance between integrity (so they can develop and do what they love) and populism (so they can effectively communicate).

I used to date a commercial graphic artist, and he would talk about how hard it was to take criticism with the right grain of salt. On the one hand, he needed to listen to the words of critics, because if somebody wasn't getting the intended effect out of his work, that meant he wasn't communicating to his audience effectively. But on the other hand, he knew there will always be people with sour words and contrary opinions, who'll want your work to be different in some way. A lot of writers (and artists in general) never learn how to strike that balance, so it's awesome that you're finding your own peace with it already. :)

Ruta said...

i loved this. and i agree completely. sometimes i wonder why anyone bothers to read my blog as well, but i suppose there must be something that i do that people like.

La Femme Chic said...

Yeah Why am I even on this page, reading your blog, reading all of your fake and irrelevent sentences???????
EW

What's wrong with me?

Emmy said...

Dude I'm in complete agreement. For me blogging is also a way of escapism, it lets me forget my problems for a while and just replenish myself with thoughts of what I LOVE. Plus, don't you think it's a nice notion that there are a ton of people out there that just want to hear what you've got to say?

copperoranges said...

having a blog is such a weird thing you know .. public thoughts? how honest can you be when you never know who might stumble upon it?

just do the best you can girl.

Imogen said...

I love what you write. I feel as though I'm very similar to you. I like writing and thinking about similar issues. I don't write about it much on my blog mainly because I'm not sure what people will think of my personal thoughts and I've haven't been blogging for very long yet. So maybe over time I will more. I write all my thoughts in my private journal. I think its great that you share what you write with all of us.

Adela said...

that's such a pretty flower!=)


http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

sa said...

I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.