Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It Came Simultaneously

(Yet another fashion and philosophy post, as always. Enjoy. P.S. Don't just skip to the photos at the end, read the writing first. Thanks, I appreciate it.)

Yes, a theory emerged in my head as I was daydreaming. I looked up at the ceiling and simultaneously this thought pops into my head in the midst of picturing myself at the Alice and Wonderland Tea Party. It was actually more of a quote that I of course came up with myself. (I'm sure those of you who are avid readers of this blog have noticed that I quote myself quite a bit.)
The quote was this...
If the light doesn't come, it's up to you to find the switch.

We really don't have that much control over our lives, but we know and understand what makes us happy. If you just take that extra initiative in the morning when you wake up, just think "Yes, I GET to be alive today." I say that every morning. And why? Because I realized that I don't appreciate life enough. And I used to have this false idea that an event outside of my control had to occur in order for me to even feel primarily "happy." But I've come to find that if I can't control anything else, I still have control over my own perception of the world. I speak about that a lot don't I? The whole "perception" of the world. But it's so true anyway.

So there goes my philosophy bit for the day. Here's my quote again in case you missed it:
"If the light doesn't come, it's up to you to find the switch."

Now I leave you with the fashion...here are some gorgeous Vogue editorials that I discovered today. Some are from the 70's.



There you go. Have a great day.
Je vous souhaite le meilleur.

Sincerely,
Morena

P.S. Thank you to everyone for their support on the Girl's Life article. I can't wait for you all to see me on TeenVogue.com.

40 comments:

Bucca said...

Great post - I love that your blog is more than just a regular fashion blog :)

I like that quote too it's kinda like mine - "life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain".

Also the first pic - those shoes YUM!

I think you might enjoy my latest post - it's about Marie Antoinettes personal dressmaker!

Jennifer said...

First, totally love the quote. I know I say this all the time, but you really are quite an inspiration to a lot of girls. And very mature for your age, which I think is pretty freaking cool.

And I love the photos! I want the dress in the first one so bad. And I wish my bedtime experience was as fab as the second photo. Ohhh and the hat in the last one is gorgeous!!

sarah said...

That's a great saying, very true...fab pics too:)

MAGDArling said...

love the first picture;D

and i love how u see life;))) and love reading ur posts;)

xoxox

Cathy Voyage said...

The pics are so inspiring!

Madeline said...

those are such great editorials. nice philosophy blurb. I think people underestimate the power of a good attitude, particularly when starting th eday

Eda said...

Beautiful post! Loved both the words and the pictures!

Elizabeth Victoria C said...

love all your thoughts here lady, shows you're more than just a pretty face :) xx

MAGDArling said...

hey sweetie;D i've tagged u;)
xoxo

La Femme Chic said...

*Bzzzzz* WRONG but I like you anyway. Hahaha
I want the dress.

...love Maegan said...

oh these are GORGEOUS!

rachel said...

that quote is totally amazing! I'm going to use that loads now :D

and I like the editorials a lot

Jimena said...

I agree with you ..some days I've said that to myself.." I'm alive...today It's gonna be a great day" ...
but sometimes my mood doesnt help... it goes from happy (smiling, laughing, jokkin..doing silly things) to sad ( depression, tears) and i know all is up to me as u say in ur quote ..so I decided not to suffer anymore ...lol
we'll always find the light at the end of the tunnel...right?
xoxo

C.Elizabeth and Natalia said...

Very well written girl. We all know to appreciate life more and try to change our perception of the world when we feel unhappy...

And about the pictures, I simply love them. I always love old style photos!

C.Elizabeth

casey leigh said...

inspirational post....loved it.

and the vogue editorials are obviously timeless!!

xo

Claudia said...

I like the hats

Anonymous said...

xanax order no prescription xanax 1mg buy online - greenstone xanax 2mg

Anonymous said...

diazepam dosage diazepam side effects wiki - online apotheke diazepam rezeptfrei

Anonymous said...

ativan for sale can take 1mg lorazepam - ativan quitting drinking

Anonymous said...

buy ambien side effects to ambien cr - ambien medication classification

Anonymous said...

zolpidem ambien zolpidem tartrate generic ambien - most common side effects zolpidem

Anonymous said...

order ativan ativan dosage wikipedia - lorazepam 1mg children

Anonymous said...

buy cheap diazepam diazepam and tramadol - venta de diazepam online

Anonymous said...

cheap xanax no prescription xanax 2mg pakistan - better high xanax klonopin

Anonymous said...

buy diazepam online diazepam clonazepam - diazepam drug dependence

Anonymous said...

cheap ativan online lorazepam 1mg clonazepam - ativan 0.5mg addiction

Anonymous said...

diazepam injection diazepam show drug test - buy diazepam bulk

Anonymous said...

ativan cost ativan joint pain - ativan side effects/ringing in the ears

Anonymous said...

order xanax online generic form of xanax - suboxone and xanax drug interactions

Anonymous said...

buy xanax xanax bars 4mg - buy xanax online no membership

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online buy brand name ambien online - order ambien online with no prescription

Anonymous said...

buy soma 350mg buy soma online $0.45 each - somanabolic muscle maximizer forum

Anonymous said...

carisoprodol buy some plant - generic soma 350

Anonymous said...

buy valium online valium dosage chart - valium xanax side effects

Anonymous said...

buy valium online buy valium uk topix - valium happy pills

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online 10 mg ambien during pregnancy - ambien dosage range

Anonymous said...

carisoprodol online buy hgh - somatropin online - soma medication onset

Anonymous said...

ambien online how long does ambien withdrawal last - ambien buy usa

Anonymous said...

buy valium online diazepam valium expired - valium max dosage

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien cr copay coupon - ambien 79 3