Sunday, March 15, 2009

FREELANCE STYLING: The Classic Chic Edition

(I had yet another amazing chance to style someone for an event, keep reading...)

My lovely dear friend Lauren understands my love for fashion, as well as my love for styling. She has a quirky style that's very out there, full of patterns and loud colors. Lauren knew to come to me when she had any type of fashion crisis. So as we were debating last night between two floral dresses, and a red satin one, I helped her channel her inner Classic Chic side. Lauren is a very petite girl so there was much more to be considered than just the color. I convinced her that the red satin dresses' cut was so ridiculous amazing on her. And seriously, it was. It made her look ten times smaller in the waist especially, even though she's already skinny we could all use some tricks right?

So here's Lauren's testimonial where she lets you know why you should use MORENA for any styling issues you may have.

Oh but first here's her lovely self, the face is cropped since I don't want to fully invade her privacy:




Lauren says... "On march 14, my cousin Lisa and her husband from France were having an evening wedding. I had four different dresses to choose from and I'm super indecisive so I decided to contact Morena! I sent her pictures of me via texting in each dress and gave a quick breakdown description of it. she got back to me even though it was her just getting out of church. With a quick call and a little debating, she helped me pick out a red satin dress with a tie in the back. I'm glad i chose to wear that because i got so many compliments by relatives on such a simple dress! Morena, you're amazing!"

(***Thanks Lauren, it's always a pleasure to style people. Especially the pretty ones like yourself.) ;)

With Love,
Morena

P.S. If you ever need ANY help with styling, send a shout out to:
WithLove.Morena@gmail.com
Include: Your name, event, time, setting, options (if any), and any other preferences.

25 comments:

Bucca said...

lovely dress! wow I want a red dress like that now.
I've just realised I only have 1 red dress right now! that has to be corrected ASAP!

Tariro said...

you're amazing!

Belle said...

That dress looks amazing on her.
Belle

Meaghan said...

well thank you! Your blog is quite clever, offering your services to the masses! I love that last dress you wore too, with the gray sash; it's nice to see another lover-of-vintage around! =]
I will definitely have to keep reading your blog.

sarah said...

red is such a great color! good for you.

Laura. said...

the simple red dress looks great on her.

You going to style someone in a more adventurous manny soon? That would be cool to see!

http://aforteforfashion.blogspot.com

Tiffany C. said...

I LOOOOOVE UR OUTFITS!!!! so how have u been i havent seen your post in like forever!!!! like what i did to my blog? i made it super freakin awesome

clairegrenade said...

holy cute dress batman?!

love your blog title!! you have been linked,dear ;}

Anonymous said...

that looks so great on her! good choice. can you help me with something?

event: hopping trains
time: probably late at night
setting: the transcontinental railroad

i don't want it to be too flashy because the other hobos get jealous really easily. i'm really sick of wearing overalls all the time. but whatever you style for me has to be really comfortable and easy to run in!
thanks in advance!

Morena Doll said...

Dear Anonymous,
How can I help you if you're anonymous? Haha.

Send me an email at WithLove.Morena@gmail.com :)

StickyKitten said...

hi! thanks so much for visiting my blog! very cute dress =)

Meaghan said...

most definitely! sorry I didn't reply sooner, I've just been twittering and getting offline =P

Cathy Voyage said...

The dress is so cute!

Tiffany C. said...

thanks i looove my background too and urs is very pretty and classy

Hannah is Narnia's Closet said...

aww so lovely! i'm currently offering my styling advice out to all my friends for prom, and i might style my friends film (which will be such a blast!)

Pretty Little Pictures said...

I love that red dress :)

Cammila said...

I'm totally obsessed with shelf bust, scoopneck empire bodices like that on dresses. The most flattering shape in the world!

the.ramonas said...

hey gorgeous! thanks for the sweet comment! we have added you to our blog roll! hope you do the same :) see you around!

love,
the.ramonas

www.littleramonas.com

Mervat said...

Thank you for offering your services. You are just in time for a post on my fashion blog: www.isthatnew.blogspot.com

Your recommendations (esp. with re: accessories) would be greatly appreciated!

thedrifterandthegypsy said...

thanks for the sweet comment! your blog is absolutely adorable. how did you ever get that amazingly cute background?
xoxo,
Micaela

Jennifer said...

Good job! I'm not surprised though. LOL. You have amazing fashion sense. :)

Eda said...

Adorable!

HoneyBunny said...

I love that dress! It's a perfect red dress for me;)

Anonymous said...

i really enjoy your writing choice, very remarkable.
don't quit as well as keep creating considering the fact that it simply just that is worth to look through it.
looking forward to find out additional of your articles, cheers ;)

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.