Thursday, July 31, 2008

REVIEW: Shalom Harlow

Earlier on, I posted a whole entry on my fashion icons, and I neglected to mention many astounding, stunning, fashion mavens, with goddess-esque looks. Well I'm going to make up for that today. First up, Shalom Harlow. She was not only the face of DKNY in the early 1990's, but come 1995, she's also the face of Isaac Mizrahi, and none other than the matriarch of all Haute Couture brands themselves, Chanel.


She might as well have graced the covers of Vogue and Harper's BAZAAR. Oh WAIT! She had already done that. You don't believe me? Here's the proof. There she is on the right:

And here she is all by herself, in a whole different element. Simple, like your girl next door and yet she still captivates me.

And here she is again on MORE Vogue covers. Believe it or not...

(haha, you know how long it took me to put all the Vogue covers together into one picture? I had to use a whole bunch of different programs. It took forever *sigh* The things I do for my blog.)

Anyway, Ms. Shalom Harlow also graced the covers of Elle ('96), Marie Claire ('96), W (twice in '97), Dazed & Confused ('99), New York Magazine ('o1) and there's MANY more.

And if you're going to ask for the designers she's walked the ramps of Haute Couture for, here are a few:

Chanel, Givenchy, Gaultier, Yves Saint Laurent, Dior (you know, just your run-of-the-mill SUPER POWERFUL designers and brands)

But yes, Shalom has accomplished so much more than I could mention. And her status right now is (technically) retired. However, come 2007 she landed an ad campain for Chloe with Freja Beja and Anja Rubik. Here's one of the ads that spread all over many magazines and I first discovered in TeenVogue:

These are only a few of the many accomplishments she's made in life. I still think she has more to come. Ms. Harlow has this timeless look that just tranforms like a cameleon. Yet, she's so recognizable. Now, as a girl that studies fashion every second of her free time, I get so excited when I see her face. It's like "If all else fails and you no long know what you're doing, Shalom will be there." She's a familiar face that I'd be honored to meet someday. She hasn't yet ceased to amaze me She's truly wonderful.

So yes, unfortunately, that's it for now. But I'll leave you with my usual farewell.

Remember to: keep it clean, keep it fabulous and ALWAYS keep it TOO HAUTE TO HANDLE!

XOXO,
Morena

P.S. The pictures used in this post were courtesy of NY Magazine. <3


3 comments:

Rabbi Lars Shalom said...

the aliens are here and they love christ!!! plus: 'Conversation with Jesus!! search 'aliens', 'jesus'

MorenaRena said...

i'm sorry. who are you again??

Anonymous said...

Admiring the persistence you put into your site and in depth information you provide. It’s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same outdated rehashed information. Wonderful read! I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.
My site is about [url=http://www.depressionsymptomsmedication.com]Depression definition[/url].